Because some judging venues might have connection issues resulting in unreliable network/internet connectivity, Acclaim provides backup processes for asset delivery and scoring. Acclaim Hybrid Judging is an option when Acclaim can remain accessible online, but with media assets and the other files required for scoring, accessed from your local judging machine.
Your scoring experience as a judge is the same when Acclaim Hybrid Judging is enabled as it is when you are judging online:
- Login through the judging splash page
- Review the assigned entries and save your scores
To enable a smooth crossover during scoring, scoring session Admins will prepare for Acclaim Hybrid Judging before the session starts, just in case. This will ensure minimal disruption to scoring if the switch is required.
Switch to Hybrid Judging
- Complete scoring the current entry
- Navigate to the local Dropbox folder and the Apps/Acclaim Hybrid Judging Server directory
- Double-click the Acclaim Hybrid Judging application
- Choose your current Team or Session from the dropdown
(if you are not sure, ask the moderator which one to select)
- Go back to Acclaim and continue scoring
- Minimise the Acclaim Hybrid Judging window to move it out of the way while scoring. DO NOT close the window with the x. This will turn off Acclaim Hybrid Judging and lose your scoring information from the session
- If you see an error when trying to access media after returning to your scoring session, refresh the browser to ensure Hybrid Judging has switched to the local path to the assets
- If running Acclaim Hybrid Judging is interrupted by a message from the firewall on the local machine, say YES to Trust the Application and enable it to run